Breakfast is not a priority for everyone, and there is nothing to feel guilty about it.
It depends on many factors, such as the time you wake up, the time you had your dinner, your morning activities and your mood.
Whatever the case, it is better not to have breakfast at all than starting your day with the wrong food.
If you decide to start your day with a balanced breakfast, you will get all the energy you need for the rest of the day. Your stomach will be full the right way. And your body will receive all the necessary supplies. Even more, it will prevent you from overeating during the rest of the day or picking on food the whole day.
Whatever your choice maybe, I would advise you to start your day with two large glasses of water. You can add a bit of fresh lemon juice also. Your body is staying long hours with no water during the night and water will help to get immediately hydrated and to clean the body’s toxins. But in my view, the most significant benefit is that by starting your day with water, the odds are that you will eat better and healthier during the day. You will be in the right mindset and have a more healthy approach of your day, in a certain way.
What is the best food to start your day?
– Eggs. It is proven that the protein and fat in the eggs help sustain your energy levels, keeping you satisfied for longer and reducing the need for a midmorning snack. Also, you tend to eat less for lunch. It helps in maintaining the levels of sugar and insulin at the right levels.
– Greek yoghurt. It is an excellent source of proteins to eat in the morning. It is also rich in vitamin B, phosphor, magnesium, calcium and potassium. It helps weight decrease and studies have shown that it protects from some types of cancer thanks to its significant concentration of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). Always try to choose yoghurts that are high in probiotics and no added sugar.
– Oatmeal. ΑIf you like cereals, oatmeal is the best choice. It is an excellent source of fibre, including the powerful fibre beta-glucan and hence, reduces cholesterol and increases the feeling of fullness. It is also loaded with antioxidants and other vital vitamins and minerals. If you are gluten sensitive or allergic, always buy it with the label “certified gluten-free”.
– Chia seeds. It is not for nothing that they are classified as “super foods”. They are super high in antioxidants and have an impressive amount of fibre and omega-3 fatty acids. It is high in quality protein and can drastically reduce cravings and appetite. You can introduce it in any food, and for breakfast, you can soak it in juice or almond milk. You can sprinkle them in yoghurt or even on cereals with blueberries and nuts. Or add some in a smoothie.
– Greek tea ήor, even better, matcha tea. Green tea is probably the best beverage. It has many antioxidants which will give you the energy your body and mind need in the morning. Matcha contains even more essential nutrients that simple green tea and wakes you up better than coffee.
– Cottage cheese. It is a beautiful choice for your breakfast. It is very rich in proteins, and you can add fruits, goji berries and nuts on it. If you wish you can also add some honey or stevia and eat it with a slice of whole bread or with avocado and oil.
The choices for a rich and healthy breakfast are endless!
You need to use your imagination and get out of your comfort zone. Brake your usual breakfast routine, and start your day the right way.
You will feel the difference very soon!
This article was originally written by Isabelle Razis and published on GovaStileto.gr